Who gets a breast lift?
- A Breast lift, or mastopexy, is a very common procedure for women of all ages. There were over 105,000 breast lifts performed in 2018.
- Most women are between 30-60 years old, and have been thinking about having surgery for weeks to months, sometimes even years.
- Most commonly this is performed after breastfeeding to restore a youthful appearance to the breast. The "deflated" or "sagging" is due in a large part to the effects of the hormones of pregnancy on the breast tissue, with initial hypertrophy, or growth, during pregnancy and/or breastfeeding, followed by involution, or shrinking, afterwards.
- If you have been considering having this procedure done, you are not alone! Over 500,000 women have had this surgery done in the last 10 years.
-The popularity of this procedure is due in part to the predictable results, and safety of the procedure; not to mention it can be a major confidence booster!
What are my surgical options?
- A breast lift has several essential components. The first is to restore the nipple/areola back in its native position. The second consideration is whether or not to increase or decrease the volume of the breast.
- Changing the breast volume can be performed with implants, or your own tissue (fat grafting).
- Breast implants have undergone several major technological revolutions over the last few decades. Now the basic structure is a soft silicone shell filled with either saline, or silicone.
- Fat grafting involves taking fat from an unwanted area (tummy, thighs, etc) and placing it in the breasts.
- The procedure takes around 90 minutes per side (2 1/2 - 3 hrs total), and is an outpatient surgery (go home the same day), usually within an hour or two after the surgery.
What is involved in the process?
Step 1: Contact us! We'd love to hear from you! Our team will schedule your visit for a time that is convenient for you.
Step 2: Meet our team to hear about the options for a breast lift, and receive your personalized quote. This consult usually takes around 1 hour. We will discuss your medical history, and take photographs and measurements in order to accurately present the surgical options.
Step 3: Consider your options and decide which one is right for you. OF COURSE if you have any additional questions, please call us. We are always happy to review the information or send you more details.
Step 4: Approximately 10-14 days before surgery we will meet with you again to review the information, finalize any financial arrangements, and make sure your prescriptions, garments, are 100% taken care of, and any last-minute questions are answered.
Step 5: On the day of surgery, we like to make things as simple as possible. No complicated paperwork, no last minute changes, just a safe, comfortable environment to foster relaxation, and healing; and to make sure you have the best possible outcome.
That's it! You are done! We will see you back several times post-op to make sure you are doing well, and healing as expected. Welcome to your new body! You are going to love the way you look!