Who gets a buttock lift?
- A buttock lift, is a very common procedure for two types of patients. They are typically either 1) looking to enhance their buttocks shape from baseline, or 2) they have lost weight and are looking to restore a more youthful appearance. There are several different versions of this procedure.
- If your desire is to increase your shape/volume this is typically achieved through fat grafting, aka "Brazillian Buttock Lift" or BBL. In contrast, weight loss patients usually prefer a surgical buttock lift to remove the excess skin and re-contour the tissue.
- Most patients are between 20-45 years old, for a BBL; as opposed to 35-65 years old for a surgical buttock lift.
- The cosmetic benefits of BBL typically include removing excess fat from unwanted areas, followed by placement into the upper portion of the buttocks soft tissue to create a more appealing shape. This enhances contour and adds to the "hourglass figure"
- The surgical buttock lift is usually performed after tummy tuck, before arms or legs, but can be selected at any time in the process, and is patient dependent.
What are my surgical options?
- A buttock lift be performed in a variety of ways, and this depends on the tissue quality, and which type of lift is desired.
BBL: A Brazilian buttocks lift is a single stage procedure. This involved harvesting unwanted fatty tissue from problem areas like the belly, thighs, hip rolls/love handles, etc., and placing it back into the body in the buttocks. Having this done by a plastic surgeon is critical, as there are a few safety concerns that should be addressed with you during your consult.
Surgical buttock lift: A surgical buttocks lift is typically one of several procedures to restore the body back to an appropriate skin envelope. This means that after weight loss there are several areas that are most affected by the excess skin, and cannot all be addressed at once. Most patients start with a tummy tuck. There are several potential medical benefits (click here) that may accompany a tummy tuck, in addition to looking great! The buttocks lift is usually the second, third, or fourth, surgery, depending on what bothers you the most (buttocks, arms, or legs). The surgical buttocks lift takes out the extra skin and remaining fatty tissue and repositions the more normal skin to give back a more youthful look and combat the deflation that occurs with weight loss. (click here to learn more about arm/leg surgery)
- The procedure takes around 2 1/2 - 3 hrs total, and is an outpatient surgery (go home the same day), usually within 2-3 hrs after the surgery.
What is involved in the process?
Step 1: Contact us! We'd love to hear from you! Our team will schedule your visit for a time that is convenient for you.
Step 2: Meet our team to hear about the options for a tummy tuck, and receive your personalized quote. This consult usually takes around 1 hour. We will discuss your medical history, and take photographs and measurements in order to accurately present the surgical options.
Step 3: Consider your options and decide which one is right for you. OF COURSE if you have any additional questions, please call us. We are always happy to review the information or send you more details.
Step 4: Approximately 10-14 days before surgery we will meet with you again to review the information, finalize any financial arrangements, and make sure your prescriptions, garments, are 100% taken care of, and any last-minute questions are answered.
Step 5: On the day of surgery, we like to make things as simple as possible. No complicated paperwork, no last minute changes, just a safe, comfortable environment to foster relaxation, and healing; and to make sure you have the best possible outcome.
That's it! You are done! We will see you back several times post-op to make sure you are doing well, and healing as expected. Welcome to your new body! You are going to love the way you look!